PSYC 102: APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY
Chapter 16 (8th Ed.)
1. Define generality, stimulus generalization, stimulus class, response generalizations, and behavioral trap.
2. Provide an example of stimulus generalization and response generalization.
***NOTE: Behavior maintenance means that a behavior change is maintained by the natural environment of the subject.
3. What does programming for generality of behavior include?
***NOTE: A stimulus exemplar is one set of stimulus conditions similar to the natural environment. Think of an exemplar as an "example".
4. What are four tactics that help programming stimulus generalization?
5. What are two tactics that help programming response generalization?
6. What are four tactics for programming maintenance?
7. Briefly explain how cramming for a test represents a pitfall of stimulus generalization?
Please send comments regarding this web page to: Tim.Trainor@ttdk.com