PSYC 102: APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY
Chapter 13 (8th Ed.)
1. Define escape conditioning, avoidance conditioning, and warning stimulus.
*** NOTE: Aversive punishment, escape, and avoidance conditioning have in common the use of aversive stimuli.
2. Using an ABC assessment, how is escape conditioning different from aversive punishment?
3. Provide an example of escape and avoidance conditioning.
4. How are escape and avoidance conditioning different?
5. What is a synonym for warning stimulus?
6. Give an example of a situation where "verbal behavior having little relation to reality may be increased while the undesirable target response may persist in strength" because of escape or avoidance conditioning.
Please send comments regarding this web page to: Tim.Trainor@ttdk.com