PSYC 102: APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY
Chapter 9 (8th Ed.)
1. Define fading, prompt, extra-stimulus prompt and within-stimulus prompt.
2. Identify three advantages fading (errorless transfer of discrimination) has over trail and error learning.
3. How would you use fading to teach an animal a new trick?
4. Identify three factors the influence the effectiveness of fading.
5. Briefly describe five categories of prompts and give an example of each.
6. If errors start to occur during a fading procedure, what are two likely causes of the problem?
7. What should you do if errors start to occur during fading?
8. Describe how an undesirable behavior, like head banging, can be accidentally developed through fading.
Please send comments regarding this web page to: Tim.Trainor@ttdk.com