PSYC 102: APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY
Chapter 4 (8th ed.)
1. Define unconditioned reinforcer, conditioned reinforcer, back-up reinforcer, token, token system and generalized conditioned reinforcer.
2. Provide an example of a unconditioned and conditioned reinforcer in your life.
3. What is one backup reinforcer associated with a token system that uses money, i.e., U.S. dollars.
4. What four factors that influence the effectiveness of conditioned reinforcers?
***NOTE: A conditioned reinforcer most effective when the backup reinforcer does not follow each occurrence.
5. Which of the reinforcers in Figure 3.3 (pages 36-37) are unconditioned reinforcers and which are conditioned reinforcers?
6. Describe a situation where saying "No" to a child (or some other negative verbal stimuli) could actually be a conditioned reinforcer? What is the backup reinforcer in your example?
7. Identify five rules (guidelines) for applying conditioned reinforcers.
Please send comments regarding this web page to: Tim.Trainor@ttdk.com